2019 is coming to an end, and it’s been an exciting year for Stagefreight! We’ve put together this new article to look back at our biggest highlights of the year. It’s also a great showcase for the full range of our event transport services.
Did you know this isn’t the first time we’ve reflected on our past activities? You can also take a look our 2018 recap.
A big thank you for making 2019 so amazing
Our event transport team couldn’t be what it is without our brilliant clients and dedicated team. That’s why we’ve highlighted some of them below.
2019 Case Studies
● Stage production Pepperland celebrates the music of the Beatles with an offbeat tribute show. We were proud to provide stage transport services, and we’d like to thank Dance Consortium for the behind-the-scenes look.
● After embarking on her 2018 Fare Thee Well Tour, prolific musician Joan Baez decided to add some 2019 dates. Stagefreight provided music transport services, while Joan Baez was kind enough to hang out with our team.
● Northern Ballet’s Victoria was an innovative look at the life and impact of Queen Victoria. Stagefreight’s theatre transport service helped bring this exciting show to life.
Stagefreight’s team is a pretty personal one, and we like to highlight some of our drivers. We’re proud to report we’ve got some fantastic people working for us at the moment.
New to the Team
● Chris Wilkinson joined Stagefreight recently, and he does great work in our corporate event transport services. His can-do, helpful approach means Chris is in very high demand from our corporate event trucking clients.
● After joining in 2018, Ash Bateman became a full-time Stagefreight driver this May. He has 17 years of driving experience; nowadays, he’s responsible for a range of event transport services including music, theatre and corporate events.
Lead Driver Veterans
● Allan Spencer has been driving for more than 20 years. For the last few years, he’s been lead driver on Northern Ballet tours; on average, he spends 9 months of the year working with the company.
● Paul Garfit is the lead driver for English National Ballet tours, with 17 years of driving experience. 12 of those have been with Stagefreight, and he really enjoys the challenges that theatre transport presents.
2019 Award Win
We’re very proud to have received two awards this year—SME News’ Best Events Transport Company Award, and their Eco-Friendly Road Fleet of the Year. We’ve been investing in our fleet over the last few years, in an effort to reduce our overall carbon footprint; you can read more about our efforts here.
We had some exciting shortlist firsts this year. We were finalists for the Motor Transport Team of the Year award in July, and we were shortlisted for Road Freight Operator of the Year in the FTA Logistics Awards. Stagefreight was the only event transport company to be shortlisted this year, and it was also our first nomination in both awards. As such, we’re very excited to have taken part.
We’re also a nominee in the Yorkshire Choice Awards at the moment. This prestigious award recognises the best businesses and individuals that Yorkshire has to offer. Public votes determine the winner; learn more about how you can help us to win!
The End of an Era—Ramfest
Charity music festival Ramfest has come to an end after a decade of shows. Hosted by Southowram Cricket Club, Ramfest supported many different causes over the years, with Stagefreight providing logistical support. It was also an excellent platform for a host of local bands.
Helping Some Sporting Legends
Stagefreight are proud to sponsor a pair of sports stars this year. Motorcyclist Steven Procter debuted in 2015, and since then he’s competed in several sporting events; this year, he’s appeared in the Tandragee 100 and at Donington Park. More recently we have started sponsoring Keegan Hirst, who joined Halifax RLFC this September.
New Additions to the Fleet
Renault Trucks T High
We’ve expanded our fleet with several new trucks this year, including some Renault Trucks T High. All of them have Euro 6 motors, and they were also voted Fleet Truck of the Year 2019.
In honour of our 35th year, we’ve unveiled our special 35th anniversary truck. This special truck has been painted blue; keep an eye out for it on the roads next year.
Festive Event Transport Projects
This year we worked with Shone Productions on a range of pantomime shows across the UK, including Cinderella and Aladdin. You can learn more about these shows in our article on the best local pantomime shows for 2019/2020.
From our team to yours, we’d like to wish everyone a very happy holiday period and a great start to 2020. We’re ready to jump into the new decade with our fantastic team and our diverse range of services.
Whether you need help with a stage show, a conference, live event transport or something else entirely, Stagefreight are here to help! Take a closer look at our Services page, or call us now on 0113 797 898.